Wednesday 27 July 2011

THE ABRACADABRA AMULET--GREAT NEWS!

Ok, I might be jumping the gun with this, but a publisher that specializes in literature for children--from picture books to young adult novels, has said YES to publishing the first book in my chapter book series, The Arkymalarky Adventures of Ackamarackus Artleby. I don't have a contract in hand yet, but they said that they were interested in publishing it near the end of 2012. The head editor also said that she liked the concept of the series, so I think if the first book does well for them, the others I have planned may have found a home too.

In any case, the first book, THE ABRACADABRA AMULET, is set in ROME, ITALY. The second book, THE BURIED BOOMERANG, is set in Australia. The third, THE CAIRO CAT, is set in Egypt...the twenty-sixth, THE ZOO ZOMBIE, is set in the Night Safari of Singapore!

You can see why finding a publisher for this could be BIG NEWS for me! Once I have a contract in hand, I'll write more of the details here, but for now, I'm on cloud nine--with an eye to even higher heavens...

No comments:

Post a Comment