Friday 21 October 2011

THE GOOD NEWS...THE BAD NEWS...THE GOOD NEWS...

Ok, so the good news is that SIWC 2011 is finally here! The bad news is that I was so fired up about it that I woke up at 2:45 a.m. The good news is that means I have a quiet house at the moment and more time to write today. The bad news is that by the time the evening meal and awards banquet roll around, I would have been up for, oh, 16 or 17 hours? I'm not sure I'll make it to the night owl session...

I'm really excited about pitching to Kaylan Adair today. She's an editor with Candlewick Press, and they handle every kind of writing I do--picture books, chapter books, and YA novels. So the good news is, this is exactly who I need to pitch my work to; the bad news is that I only have 10 minutes, which is about enough to pitch, oh, one of my six books. I'm hoping she'll agree to see me outside of the pitch times so that I can show her all that I've been working on in the past year : Joanie Ark: Dragon Slayer, and If Volcanoes Spewed Tomatoes (picture books); The Abracadabra Amulet and Galaxy Girls: Fire and Water DO Mix! (chapter books); and One-Way Ticket and Arietta: Summer of Blades (young adult novels).

No comments:

Post a Comment