Friday 7 October 2011

SIWC 2011 POETRY CONTEST: I MADE THE SHORTLIST!

Ok, it's been a while since I've added to this blog, but I just received news that my poem, "Silver Anniversary," has been shortlisted in the Surrey International Writers Conference contest! Top prize is $1000 and there are also honourable mention prizes of $150. The trouble is, I have to wait until the 15th to find out if I won or placed. I try not to get myself too excited over these things (I was shortlisted in this contest once before for poetry and ended up winning nada), but it's tough. I really believe my poetry is breaking through to new levels, so it's quite hard pretending that I don't care what happens--I WANT TO WIN! Ahem, ahem. In the meantime, I'll continue what I do to earn my regular paycheck...inspire young minds...but I want to win. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment