Wednesday 19 October 2011

WE'RE ALMOST THERE AT SIWC...AND I'M SUPER EXCITED!

Ok, in two days, the yearly SIWC event will be GAME ON in Surrey again! I'm hyped about it for several reasons (one of which I'll blog about AFTER the first day of the conference), but I'm thrilled to have so many works I'm proud of to pitch to agents and editors: two picture books, two chapter books, and two novels. I hope I can get appointments to see the agents and editors I want to see...

I am the most prepared I've ever been for this conference this year, so I know it'll be a busy time and it will FLY by in no time. I'm hoping that agents and editors will request partial and full manuscripts and that I take that next step to seeing my books in print! I know I'm getting close...I have a few small publishers who have expressed interest in two of my earlier works, although I still don't have any contracts in hand. I'm hoping 2011 / 2012 will be my breakthrough year and I'm going to do all in my power to make that happen!

JAZZED about SIWC...

Ace Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment